Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Number One Fan

I just managed to do a complete post from the my entry to this one. I wonder if there’s a class on condensing your thoughts…?

Anyway, I’m writing today simply because it was requested that I do so. Yep! Little ole me has a blog fan who has asked me repeatedly to hurry up and write something new. (I think my head is swelling just a little) Who is this moron you may be wondering? That would be Mr. Justin Miller himself. Deep down I really think he just enjoyed by post in which I gushed about how wonderful he is and really wants me to write something else about him. If I wasn’t sure, then after he surprised me by bringing me lunch at work complete with a turtle cheesecake dessert then that made it pretty clear. So here it is Justin, just for you!

You really are an awesome person and I’m so glad to call you a friend. You’re one of those people who I may not see for a while but still feel 100% comfortable around and can pick up right where we left off. I know that if I ever needed you for anything I could call you at any hour of the day or night and you would be there.

That got me to thinking about how incredibly lucky I am to have so many amazing people in my life. So I’m going to give a tribute of some people that I wouldn’t be here without and can count on for anything. I was going to put it all into one but I think that wouldn’t quite do these folks justice. So I’ll just spread them out a little. Maybe, just maybe (which most likely means maybe not) I’ll also include a photo too! Yeah, don’t get your hopes up but that would make it a little better if I could swing it.

Since you’re the inspiration for this post I’ll start with you Justin. Since I did dedicate an entire blog to you once already, I’ll keep it short. Plus, you’re going start getting on up there with my blog-bragging on Jay if I give you too much blog time (but if you’d like to bring by some more turtle cheesecake then I’ll see what I can do)

I feel like we know each other as well as if we were siblings. We both have a strange sense of humor and banter quite well off one another. I’ve given you love advice while we sat atop of 5 gallon paint buckets and you’ve helped me bandage myself when my gracefulness sliced open my flesh yet –again with the box cutter. (Why didn’t Charles take that thing away from me?) I’m sure we couldn’t count the hours we’ve laughed together or the number of games of rummy we’ve played or the mellow yellows we drank back in the day. I love you & I’m so glad that you’ve found Micah to put up with you. She’s precious and you seem as blissfully in love as I’ve always hoped you’d be someday.


I know this isn’t the blog post you were exactly looking for. You wanted another bizarre story that could only happen to me. Well, you’re in luck because I just happen to have one that I’ll try to post next.

No comments: