Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Jamakeover...Derailed

Okay, so the Jamakeover got a bit derailed. Oh, all right, SERIOUSLY derailed. It started off really well…

… My first week weigh-in I checked in at 129.2—Woohoo!! Just sliding in under that frightening 130…week two happened to be the week of my work conference and dun dun dun...death sentence for Jamakeover (Take One I’m now fondly referring to it as). You see, these work trips are fashioned much like a feed lot. You eat an enormously huge and delicious breakfast followed by sitting in a cold boring meeting for a couple of hours. Then you get a break where gigantic cookies are served followed by a couple more hours of meeting then lunch and you guessed it meetings then afternoon snack of popcorn & fudge, candy, etc. followed by a huge dinner. Rinse and repeat for 3 days and all of us ladies are sitting quite plump and feeling ready for the slaughter-hence the feed lot analogy.

So honestly, I haven’t weighed in since that fateful trip because I’ve just been too scared and now a month has passed. Every weekend I find myself saying “Tomorrow I’m starting over” yet that hasn’t exactly happened yet. So it’s another week & I guess I’ll go ahead and give it another go.

But I really wasn’t writing this blog entry to talk about my jamakeover failure I just thought I’d get that out of the way since I left off claiming to have had some life-changing revelation about changing things. Which, in my defense, I really did feel that way at the time…it just got a bit lost somehow.

I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to every single one of you who commented and emailed with words of encouragement. I still have 3 or 4 emails to return and I’m so sorry I haven’t replied to you yet. I promise that I will and actually there are some drafts that I’ve started and haven’t had a chance to finish yet because, well, I am completely incapable of making anything short and sweet. But I genuinely appreciate the wonderful things you’ve said and stories of your own that you’ve shared. You’ll never know how much I appreciate it!

Since this turned into a lengthy post on its own (imagine that!) I’ll just leave it as is and do a completely separate entry for the real reason I was blogging...

2 comments:

Dana said...

You are a beautiful woman and shouldn't change at all. I only wish I was half your size. You will look great on your vacation no matter what!

Leanne Helums said...

I start a diet every Sunday night after Daddy and Mother take us out for supper and I am super full. It is usually over by around lunch on Monday. I think you look great!