Monday, June 15, 2009

Nana & Pawpaw are leaving :(

Jay's dad recently took a job in North Carolina and they will be leaving us this week. It still seems very surreal. We've always talked about how lucky we were to have both are families living so close. Then for a while we were worried about my folks moving--they were even to the point of packing--but we prayed every night that they wouldn't have to go. Turns out we should have been praying for Nana & Pawpaw too because it worked out for Granny & Poppy but now they're having to move. If it was just me & Jay it wouldn't be a big deal but now that we have the kids I'm just heart-broken. My kids ADORE Nana & Pawpaw. They are always so excited when we go over there and beg to spend the night. I just don't know how I'm going to break it to them that we won't be seeing them very often anymore. I know we'll be traveling back and forth a lot but it still won't be the same.

On a selfish note...(oh come on, you knew it was coming)...Nana & Pawpaw are our go-to babysitters. If we ever want a date night or if I have pictures and Jay's working too then they were our sitters. They're the only people who the kids spend the night with. My parents would let them but they keep them all week so I really don't like to ask them to do overnight or Saturday duty. They usually only kept them overnight maybe once every 4-5 months but since they found out they were moving they've wanted to see them as much as possible so the kids have spent the night the last 3 Fridays in a row which I'm afraid will make this move all the worse. Bryson & Kynsley have gotten accustomed to seeing them so much & staying over that I'm sure there will be many fits over this.

I was going to include the going away festivites in this post but after re-thinking it I'm going to devote an entire post to that. You all know I tend to be a bit long-winded or handed...whatever you'd say in the blog world.

No comments: